Please follow these instructions carefully if you are having trouble with the audio player.
How to Operate the Player
Click the PLAY button to begin the interview. Allow time for the file to load. You may not hear it start for 30 seconds or more, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
The main part of the player will "blackout" when the audio is playing. Run the mouse cursor over it if you want to access the controls.
The controls are described below. Note that you have to have your mouse cursor positioned over the player for these to show up while the audio is being played.
If you are not getting any sound after waiting 60 seconds or more for the file to load, then make sure the youtube video posted below plays and you can hear the sound properly.
If the YouTube video does NOT play properly or you get no sound, then try the following:
- Make sure you have your speakers turned on and your volume control set properly.
- Check all your connections, controls, etc.
- Close down other programs that are running.
- Restart your system.
- Try a different web browser. Web browsers are the software you use to access the internet. Popular ones are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. They can be downloaded for free.
- Call a friend or neighbor to help. Kids are experts in computers as well.
- Usually the problems are simple, they just require a step-by-step approach. We are not able to help troubleshoot individual computer problems.
If the YouTube video plays and you are getting proper sound, then reload the interview page and try the player again. If you're still having trouble, then copy the information in the gray box below and paste it into a support ticket. This lets us know which browsers and operating systems may be causing problems.